[BTS’ LIFE, WORK AND PEOPLE] Rap Monster’s Profile & Fun Facts
- Stage Name: Rap Monster (RM)
- Full Name: Kim Namjoon
- Position: Main Rapper, Leader
- Birthday: September 12, 1994
- Zodiac sign: Virgo
- Height: 181 cm
- Weight: 67 kg
- Blood Type: A
- Birthplace: Ilsan, South Korea
- Family: Dad, mom, younger sister
- Hobbies: Surfing the web, buying clothes
- Education: Global Cyber University
- Role model: Kanye West, and A$AP Rocky
- Favorite color: Black
- Favorite foods: Meat, steak, handmade chopped noodles
Q. Does Rap Monster dance well?
People in Big Hit Entertainment once called Rap Monster “Dance genius” but it was an ironic nickname. Rap Monster was not a good dancer at all, and he even thought he should not dance. And actually, he didn’t like to dance at first because he wanted to become a rapper, not a dancer. That’s why he has run away from his practicing room. However, he has been practicing very hard, and he became a better dancer.
Q. Does Rap Monster have any habits?
Rap Monster always sings songs in his daily life, and he used to sing really loud in BTS’ dormitory late at night. However, he later realized that he caused trouble for the other members, and he’s trying to be quiet in the dormitory.
Q. How did Rap Monster become a k-pop idol?
When Rap Monster was in the sixth grade in the elementary school, he made up his mind to become a rapper after listening to Epik High’s “Fly”. After then, he began to upload his rap music on various hip hop community sites, and he was recognized for his great rap skills even though he was just a middle school student. At the time, he used his stage name “Runch Randa”. And in 2010, he could become a trainee of Big Hit Entertainment on the recommendation of Untouchable’s Sleepy. The rapper commended Rap Monster to Bang Sihyuk after watching his performance.
Q. How many brothers or sisters does Rap Monster have?
Rap Monster has a younger sister. When he was a middle school student, he hated his sister and he even took all the umbrellas in his house with him on a rainy day because he wanted to screw over his sister. But now, he gets along fine with his sister.
Q. What is Rap Monster’s real personality like?
Rap Monster is very charismatic on the stage, but he’s a little bit timid in real life. He likes cute things too, and according to BTS members, seeing him in real life is totally different than watching him on TV. He’s a little bit clumsy too. He tends to lose his things often. However, he is very thoughtful and has an old head on young shoulders. And he’s really good at speaking.
Q. What is Rap Monster’s ideal type of woman like?
Rap Monster likes a sexy woman. It doesn’t mean he judges women by their looks, though. He wants someone who has a sexy spirit. And he’s attracted by someone who is thoughtful and confident.
Q. What was Rap Monster like in school?
When Rap Monster was a student, he liked to rap, but he was a great student. He was ranked in the top 1.3% percent when he was in the first grade at high school, and he was good at English. His IQ was 148.
Q. What does Rap Monster do to write rap lyrics?
Rap Monster likes to read books and takes notes whenever he has an inspiration. And he also watches news often. Unlike Suga, who delivers straightforward and clear messages through his lyrics, Rap Monster is good at metaphors.
Fun Facts about Rap Monster
- Rap Monster always hopes to be less reasonable because he thinks his reason is an obstacle to his creative works.
- Rap Monster has two best friends whom he’s been very close with since elementary school.
- Rap Monster always destroys his stuff.
- Rap Monster is a good friend with GOT7’s Jackson.
- Rap Monster has a dog, and the dog’s name is “Rap Mon”.
- Rap Monster doesn’t like tight pants.
- Rap Monster believes that anyone can become an artist.