[BTS’ LIFE, WORK AND PEOPLE] Jin's Profile & Fun Facts
- Stage Name: Jin
- Full Name: Kim SeokJin
- Position: Vocalist, Visual
- Birthday: December 4, 1992
- Height: 179 cm
- Weight: 63 kg
- Blood Type: O
- Birthplace: Gwacheon, South Korea
- Family: Parents, older brother
- Hobbies: Cooking, playing videogames, looking into a mirror
- Education: Konkuk University
- Role model: BIGBANG’s T.O.P
- Favorite color: Pink, blue
- Favorite foods: Lobster, meat, chicken and Korean cold noodles
Q. How did Jin become a k-pop idol?
When Jin was a middle school student, he received a casting offer from SM Entertainment because of his great looks. However, he didn’t accept the offer because he thought it was a fraud. After then, he entered Theater and Film Department of Konkuk University to become an actor, and he was cast by Big Hit Entertainment on his way to school.
Q. What was Jin’s childhood dream?
When Jin was in the first grade at high school, he dreamed of becoming a newspaper reporter. However, he changed his future goal after watching TV drama “The great queen Seondeok”. He was moved by Kim Namgil’s acting, and he made up his mind to become an actor. He began to be interested in music after becoming a k-pop trainee.
Q. What is Jin good at?
According to Jin, he is good at eating a lot. When he went to a buffet with his family, he ate for two and a half hours because he didn’t feel full while eating. However, he controls his weight by portion control and exercising.
Q. What does Jin like to do?
Jin likes cooking as well as eating. He cooks a variety of different dishes such as steak and spaghetti carbonara, but according to BTS members, his dishes are not delicious at all. Actually, there’s a reason for it. Jin’s mother usually makes bland dishes for her family’s health, and Jin follows his mother’s recipe.
Q. What is Jin’s ideal type of woman like?
Jin hopes to marry a woman who is a good cook and is very sweet because he thinks he is not that good at cooking. And he also likes a woman whose looks and personality are similar to those of a puppy.
Q. What is Jin’s favorite video game?
Jin likes to play “Super Mario” and “Maple Story”. He’s been playing “Super Mario” since he was 5 years old and “Maple Story” since he was a first-year student of middle school. He feels comfortable when he sees the character of “Super Mario”, and he loves monsters of “Maple Story” because they’re so cute.
Q. What did Jin think of when he began to live together with BTS members?
Jin was the last one who joined BTS’ dormitory. At first, he had a difficulty in adjusting to his new life because the dormitory was so messy. J-Hope and Suga were the only two members who put away the dishes and did the laundry. So, Jin did a big cleanup soon after joining the dormitory.
Q. What is Jin’s real personality like?
Jin is the eldest among BTS members, but he gets along well with younger members and he likes playing pranks on them too. However, he is a straight man and he’s very grown-up. As the eldest member, he leads the other members, and he sometimes warn the members not to cross the line. According to BTS members, Jin is good-natured, but he is very scary when he is angry.
Q. Who are Jin’s best friends?
VIXX’s Ken and B1A4’s Sandeul are Jin’s best friends. All of them were born in 1992, and they hang out together. They go to an amusement park and a room escape café. And they drink together too.
Fun Facts about Jin
- Jin is the one who usually cleans up BTS’ dormitory.
- Jin dislikes insect and ghost.
- Jin is the eldest among BTS members but is the youngest among his family members.
- Jin made a big mistake during their first performance at “M Countdown”. His pants went down all the way to his thighs.
- Jin really can’t watch horror movies.
- Jin really likes strawberries, but he doesn’t like strawberry flavored things.
- Jin wants his firstborn child to be a daughter, second to be a son.