[BTS’ LIFE, WORK AND PEOPLE] Jungkook’s Profile & Fun Facts
- Stage Name: Jungkook
- Full Name: Jeon Jungkook
- Position: Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Sub Rapper, Center
- Birthday: September 1, 1997
- Height: 178 cm
- Weight: 66 kg
- Blood Type: A
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Family: Mom, dad, older brother
- Hobbies: Drawing, playing a guitar
- Education: Seoul School of Performing Arts
- Role Model: BIGBANG’s G-Dragon
- Favorite color: Red, black and white
- Favorite foods: Bread, pizza
Q. How did Jungkook get his name?
Jungkook is his real name, but at first, Bang Sihyuk wanted him to use another name. Seagull and Young Gun were candidates for his stage name, but he eventually decided to use his real name because all the people in Big Hit Entertainment said Jungkook was the best name.
Q. How did Jungkook become a k-pop idol?
When Jungkook was in the first year of middle school, he joined a dance club and learned break dancing. After then, he took part in Mnet’s “Super Star K” but he failed the audition. However, a total of 7 k-pop agencies wanted to sign with him because they thought he had a great deal of potential. And Jungkook chose Big Hit Entertainment as his agency after watching Rap Monster practice. According to Jungkook, Rap Monster looked really cool at the time. And after becoming a trainee of Big Hit Entertainment, Jungkook went to the United States to learn dancing. In the country, he could learn a variety of kinds of dance from famous choreographers. The notable thing is that his dancing ability has improved very much in a short period of time. After learning dancing in the United States, Jungkook became one of the best dancers among BTS members.
Q. What does Jungkook do well?
Jungkook has better athletic ability than others, and he’s good at all the activities that he does physically. He is a great dancer, and he’s very good at running too. And he’s good at wrestling. Even though he is the youngest among BTS members, he is the strongest and he sometimes even lifts up the other members.
Q. What was Jungkook like in school?
When Jungkook was in school, he was a mischievous and cheerful student who hated to study. He loved playing video games, and he used to play video games from sun to sun. His favorite subjects were physical education, art and music.
Q. What does Jungkook dislike?
Jungkook dislikes bugs, and he is afraid of alligators and mountain goats. However, he likes beetles and stag beetles. He used to have his stage beetle and crayfish.
Q. Who is Jungkook’s favorite singer?
Jungkook loves IU. He said IU is a female celebrity that best suits his ideal type, and he hopes to sing duet with her.
Q. What is Jungkook’s ideal type of woman like?
Jungkook likes a woman who is smart and has white skin. And he also likes someone who can teach him many things and is considerate.
Q. What is Jungkook’s real personality like?
When Jungkook was a trainee, he was very shy and quiet. He even had difficulty in singing in front of people, and people in Big Hit Entertainment were very worried about him. However, he became more active and outgoing now even though he’s still a little bit shy of strangers. He loves to play with BTS members, and he has a high competitive spirit too.
Q. What does Jungkook like to do?
Jungkook likes to take care of his appearance. He has the most cosmetics among BTS members, and he washes his face with milk and vinegar to have a clean face.
Fun Facts about Jungkook
- Jungkook gave up studying earth science when he was a student because the subject was very difficult to him.
- Jungkook started exercising after seeing Taeyang and Jay Park’s bodies.
- Jungkook believes that he has to work out scientifically.
- All of Jungkook’s family members are good at drawing.
- Jungkook began to practice playing guitar after seeing Justin Bieber playing guitar and drum.
- Jungkook is the member whose bed is the dirtiest.
- Jungkook has a Maltese, and the dog’s name is Gooreum.