[BTS’ LIFE, WORK AND PEOPLE] J-Hope’s Profile & Fun Facts
- Stage Name: J-Hope
- Full Name: Jung Hoseok
- Position: Lead Rapper, Main Dancer
- Birthday: February 18, 1994
- Height: 177 cm
- Weight: 65 kg
- Blood Type: A
- Birthplace: Gwangju, South Korea
- Family: Mom, dad, older sister
- Hobbies: Collecting figures
- Education: Global Cyber University
- Role model: G-dragon, A$AP Rocky, J.Cole, and Beenzino
- Favorite color: Green
- Favorite foods: Korean foods, Kimchi
Q. What did J-Hope do before becoming a member of BTS?
J-Hope danced in Gwangju. He has won many prizes, and he has become a champion of a dance battle competition too. He was very famous among young dancers in Gwangju even before becoming a member of BTS.
Q. What is J-Hope’s role in BTS?
When BTS members were trainees, they practiced dancing at dawn. J-Hope, Jimin and Jungkook led the practice, and V and Rap Monster, who were not good dancers could improve their dancing ability thanks to J-Hope’s help. He taught them basic skills, and he taught them all the know-how for dancing too.
Q. How many brothers or sisters does J-Hope have?
J-Hope is the only BTS members who has an older sister. He’s 5 years younger than her, and he is on friendly terms with her. According to J-Hope, his sister gives her love to him with a free hand.
Q. What is the most memorable food J-Hope has eaten?
On J-Hope’s birthday, Jin cooked seaweed soup for him, and he still can’t forget it because it was so delicious and it tasted like his mother’s seaweed soup. (In Korea, it is traditional to eat seaweed soup on one's birthday)
Q. What is J-Hope’s real personality like?
J-Hope is very outgoing and sociable. And he’s straightforward too. He makes friends easily, and he gets along well with not only BTS members but also all the people in the k-pop industry.
Q. What is J-Hope’s ideal type of woman like?
J-Hope is looking for a woman who only looks at him and really cares about him. He hopes to meet someone who always takes good care of him.
Fun Facts about J-Hope
- J-Hope’s nickname is “J-Horse” because he has a long face.
- J-Hope loves romantic movies.
- If J-Hope can put up hidden cameras, he wants to screw over Suga because Suga is very quick-witted.
- J-Hope’s favorite comedian is Noh Hongchul.
- When J-Hope was young, he attended BIGBANG Seungri’s dance academy in Gwangju.
- J-Hope has difficulty in taking care of his skin.
- J-Hope likes to play a prank on Jimin.